PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Employment Statistics
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2010, 08:14
Cirrus_Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping in mind we're only talking about 2 airlines (EZY and Ryanair) who have these sorts of schemes. Around the world there are 100's if not a few 1000 airlines, not to mention Business Jet companies and other flying jobs all together, so there will be some time yet if things become across the board in terms of TR and Line Training.

An EZY pilot I know who got in before all this stuff happened is on a different contract all together, so is not affected it seems. Only new cadets. EZY got rid of quite a few of CTC cadets last year as they no longer required their services (especially with schemes like this coming about).

If this industry ends up going like EZY and Ryanair (whilst Ryanair actually employs pilots for another £24k!!) in all companies (I doubt), then I'll hang up my bags as common sense kicks in, as it's becoming a career not worth pursuing, especially the Line Training part, that's a complete joke! "why not pay a company so you can work for them, rather than them paying you".