PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2010, 07:42
Tallsar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys

I have little doubt that both remaining competitors have looked very closely at the merits (and disadvantages) of both the S92 and the 225. My understanding is that the detailed nature of the requirement demands that they do, and both will have had to make their own stuided conclusions as to which they prefer. I can understand CHC staying with the S92 over the alternative 225 ( of which they are the biggest operator so far). Given CHC's investment in the S92 for the Interim UK HMCG contract I can imagine that this had a significant influence in not moving away from the 92 given the closeness in so many ways of the 2 ac in terms of meeting the SAR-H requirements. IMO either ac will be a step forward from the venerable SK, and both will need a little time to bed down properly in the new SAR-H role. Each new operator/role always places additonal demands on a platform that are only exposed by the detailed nature and geography of that new role, so whoever wins we should expect these sort of teething troubles no matter how well the manufacturer's and bid winners believe they have created a great SAR platform and service. Lets hope the government moves forward to a decision soon - anyone who knows anything about introducing a new type and service in such a demanding role, will understand that time is already (too?) tight for all contingencies to get the service up and running to contract - so any political delay will not be helpful.