PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Men Who Killed Qantas
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2010, 04:24
RedTBar
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had no idea that this was going to be so formal but
Dear Oh Spare Me,
Why do I need to explain the "cargo price fixing rort"?
Because it is one example of poor and as it turned out illegal management decisions in the book which you have rubbished without reading it.By the way stealing a few glances at it in a book shop does not give you the ability to be able to give an accurate synopsis.
Anyone with more than a passing interest in things airlines would know that QANTAS - along with a number of other carriers - was prosecuted for that.
To you it might have been or more to the point wish it might have been but to anyone else it has not.In fact it is still an ongoing saga so I can understand why you and others want it to be pushed under the carpet.
Do you think that they are going to do it again? Hardly. So perhaps they have learnt their lesson. And I bet they didn't need to read "The Men who killed QANTAS' to adjust their behaviour.
How do you know what present and future mangers will do especially when no manager in Australia was punished for their part in this costly mess?
The book is not meant to act as a sort of penance for the persons responsible but for everyone else who would like to know what happened.
QANTAS will still be here after OhSpareMe and RedTBar are long gone
You obviously have a short term memory and have not read the chapter about the failed and ill conceived (for Australians and employees) takeover bid.
As I said
You cannot objectively analyze any area of society if you have not read or acknowledge the mistakes the participants have made in the past including your own organisation.

To do otherwise is simply to be delusional or at best disingenuous.