PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 8th Jan 2010, 21:33
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
different strokes

If Easyjet/Ryanair/BA fly to 'a' destination each with 100 customers paying the exact same fare - which airline do you think would make the least profit?
Thats like asking whether McDonalds or TGI's would make the bigger profit if they open in the same town. Loosely the same industry but not the same product.

Easyjet and Ryanair do point to point traffic, all one class without frills, reward, or much flexibilty.

We do Club Europe, lounges, exec club rewards and fully flexible fares. All of which are important to our customers. Today I left a European destination with a full a/c at the same time as EZ, but I had 20 full-fare Club pax so I would hope we were the most profitable. I also had about 100 folk connecting to the USA and FarEast so feeding our long-haul network. Only 30% of our customers are from the UK; we bring in a lot of passengers to the long-haul flights and there would be a lot less needed if there was no BA short-haul network.