PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opportunity with start-up in Hawaii - NZ company
Old 8th Jan 2010, 19:52
Artificial Horizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the ad:

"New Zealand owner of 2 Piper Navajo twin aircraft based in Hawaii is seeking 10 qualified or trainee New Zealand pilots for a new ‘start-up airline’ (regular inter Island service, freight, training and charter services in Hawaii). The company will sponsor your USA Work Visa, provide all inclusive meals & accommodation. If you have single or multi time or just passionate about learning to fly and have the right attitude we can provide you work and further training. You need to be highly motivated and a team player. To find out more about this fantastic opportunity, apply online or send brief CV "

I thought that this sounded really dodgy on first reading. Now that I have heard about the financial contribution the candidate has to make I am convinced. Be very very careful, perhaps offer to get yourself to Hawaii 'which you can do for much less than $5,000usd'. If they insist on getting the $5,000usd themselves then give it a wide berth. Bond of $20,000 is massively over the top for a PA31.