PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2010, 16:02
brassplate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GobonaStick
The people destroying the airline are those who think they can push it around with their unreasonable demands, while sucking the money out of Bahrain's economy.
are you meaning us pilots the ones pushing with unreasonable demands?
let's see who was all for gf growth plans.

September 04, 2008
Gulf Daily News » Business News » Gulf Air signs deal for Boeing Dreamliners
SEATTLE: Gulf Air yesterday signed a deal to buy eight more Boeing Dreamliners.The agreement was sealed during a visit to the US planemaker's Seattle plant by Crown Prince and Economic Development Board (EDB) Chairman Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
the crown prince was the signatory to growth, right next to talal alzain. don't blame anyone else, ceo, managers, pilots, board members (a completely useless anyway who's every action has been counterproductive for gf anyway).
my point is apportion the blame correctly rather than blame anyone else but the very top.

obviously the economic climate has changed and plans must change accordingly. but not on orders.
i've said it before and i'll say it again. cancelling orders is not the answer as deliveries are still years from now. what if the economic climate greatly improves? gf will miss out because you can not suddenly acquire aircraft then.

Last edited by brassplate; 8th Jan 2010 at 16:13.