PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2010, 14:21
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought you guys might like to see the progress on my Bo - I didn't spend the last 8 weeks on leave in Oz JUST flying Tiger Moths, Chipmunk, the FTDKer, the Retard Vehicle and the AT28D - although I did manage 26 hrs in the above collection of wonderful aircraft. Lots of formation and aerobatics

The vertical stab is almost finished. New skins we made are awaiting some aerials before being fitted.

I cleaned all the tar sound deadening crap off the inside of the cabin side skins.

I made a new aft port side skin for the fuse.

Stripped the undercarriage down to component bits and paint stripped/bead blasted/etch them - well the nose and left main anyway.

Riveted the new side skin in place. And I stress I RIVETED - yes I am very chuffed that I can now rivet well

Then I drilled off the bottom skin and pulled out the longerons and cleaned them all up. I'll make a new skin for the bottom too.

Edit: I see my 'mates' have been busy with the Mods - Grandpa Aerotart - well

I became a Grandfather on the 4th January

Welcome to the world young Jacob - when you're just a bit older we are going to have LOTS of fun together winding your Mum up and maybe a little flying too.

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 8th Jan 2010 at 15:40.