PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Men Who Killed Qantas
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2010, 12:00
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Christmas I got three copies, yes three, my relatives so kindly thinking of my interests. My summary at the present time is there are a few mistakes (and what was that flight attendant who joined the mile high with some film star or whatever) doing in it? But basically was fairly on the money. The only thing that bothered me was the general public could easily get the impression that QF just lumbers from on disaster to another, without any normal periods of safe flying. The first chapter really shows the appalling lack of training re cabon brakes, flaps 25 and reverse thrust. No wonder many senior Capts told them to stick up it up their ar$e (and believe me they did) previous to the "incident," shame it did not go down the ranks. It truly bothers a old pilot like me that the ability to think for themselves has been taken away, and their working lives revolve around a manual. If ever there was a reason for a very senior pilot and engineer being consultants to the board than this is it, they would never passed this sort of stupidity in the first place.