PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Muscat Muscateers
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2010, 10:32
Vercingetorix

Fox3, good to see you back on the boards, Naughty Boy.

If you look at prascho's website there is much in there that the UAE ACC is deficient on, i.e. compliance with ICAO standards for a start, SMS, etc.
'tis rumoured that the ANSP section of GCAA will not reply to queries from the GCAA regulator re the level of incidents on A419.
Now, it could be that they (GCAA ANSP) do not reply 'cos the DANS can't write in comprehensible english (he's ICAO level 4 spoken, written ability much less) but I would expect his Puppeteer to dictate to him. So, why no reply?
The answer is that the reason he doesn't reply is that they have never done a Risk Analysis safety case on the matter.
The new Advisor to the Director General has taken an interest in the matter.

ATCO1962
Check out the movement figures re Bulgaria and UAE. I don't think that the Bulgarians would have too much trouble in the UAE. The thing that makes the UAE airspace more convoluted than is necessary is its design by the Non PANS Ops qualified Stromboli.

Farrell
OMAN is a nice place but it is not, like its neighbour the UAE, at the forefront of ATC/ATM. I think that prascho has touched a raw nerve with you.
Suggest you take a holiday in Sofia, also a nice place with a well managed airport, etc.

Happy New Year to one and all.

To infinity and beyond and, hopefully, back in time for a pint of Theakstones Old Peculiar.

Last edited by Vercingetorix; 8th Jan 2010 at 10:54.