PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cobham Aviation
Thread: Cobham Aviation
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2010, 09:14
Brindabella24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got my notification that the recruitment day is on January 29. Has anyone else here been invited? I don't know what it's going to be like at all - how many people will have been invited, what we will do, what will be expected of us, how long we have to wait to find out if we're successful. It sounds like a day long process as it starts at 9:30am and the email says that they are providing lunch. This is the first invite only RD that I have ever been to, so I was wondering if this is standard? I once went to an Emirates open day and that was certainly an all day affair (for which I didn't stay) but only because like 300 people showed up I think.

Can anyone give me any tips or advice for the day? I am so so excited but also super nervous! Can you tell me what I might be doing on the day? Or what I can expect? I know it's different for every airline pretty much but anything anyone could tell me, particularly anyone who has worked for this airline before, would be very appreciated. Even things like what to wear and how to do my hair! (I have in mind what to wear already - I have a great, very business like looking tailored dress which I call my interview dress - or flight attendant dress...depending on where I am wearing it! - which pretty much makes me look like a flight attendant already! I've been told by a friend of mine who works for Jetstar to wear my hair in a neat bun and be nicely made up make up wise. The only thing I am undecided on is shoes - should I go with the pointy black heels which are slightly patterned, or go and buy this pair of plainer looking (aka much more flight attendant looking) heels I saw in a store recently, which have a more block-ish kind of heel and look more sensible? It also just occurred to me that the shoes I wear might have an impact depending on what we do at the RD - are heels what everyone wears? Are they practical for what we will be doing?)

As you can see, I'm full of questions and really eager to get prepared and ready to blow them away at the RD and would love all the help I can get!

Thanks in advance!