PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 8th Jan 2010, 08:47
binsleepen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the BA Press Office Website British Airways - Press Office

Summary of the headline figures

In December 2009, passenger capacity, measured in Available Seat Kilometres, was 4.2 per cent below December 2008. Traffic, measured in Revenue Passenger Kilometres, fell by 4.0 per cent. This resulted in a passenger load factor increase of 0.1 points versus last year, to 76.8 per cent. Traffic comprised a 0.7 per cent decrease in premium traffic and a 4.6 per cent decrease in non-premium traffic. Within premium, Club World was up 1.6 per cent. Despite severe weather in the month, 98 per cent of flights operated.
Cargo, measured in Cargo Tonne Kilometres, rose by 7.2 per cent.
Market conditions

Underlying conditions remain as reported last month with longhaul premium continuing to show signs of improvement.
Just because capacity was reduced it does not automatically mean that pax numbers will fall, just as conversly, increasing capacity would not guarantee an increase in pax numbers.

With the threat of strikes in Dec and pax swapping to other carriers it would have been a miracle if pax numbers had not decreased. If capacity had not been reduced BA would have lost even more money.

Incidently have BASSA found a venue for their meeting yet. On the 4/1 I wrote
I read on this thread that BASSA had still to confirm/find a venue for its meeting on the 15th. I wonder if this could be because venues were all inexplicably all booked up. If I were the management of Sandown Racecourse the scenes shown on national TV in mid December must have been pretty embarassing and I would be surprised if they would want a re-run.
I believe the meeting is on the 18th

Regards and Happy New Year