PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MHS is anyone else as frustrated as me?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2010, 07:51
High_Expect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to give you and idea of one of our problems. Or assigned married quarter had been unoccupied for approximately 3 ˝ years prior to our move in. It had also been used as the hangar queen (robbed for spares) resulting in the boiler being removed and the system drained for 2years +. Allowing this hour had been uninhabited for such along period you would have thought they would have given it more than the usual 1 week to start the repairs! Unfortunately on move in I still wasn’t able to turn the heating on for 6 hours until the sealant had dried. 3-4months of 24hr a day heating was required to even start drying the property out. That added to the smell of stale cigarettes that oozes from our 10year old carpets (that don’t need replacing because there not worn enough apparently) has meant a delightful first year. Oh I forgot to mention the leaking sewage pipe. 3 blown windows, no working tv points, the broken shower (240V with no isolation other than the upstairs ring main RCD…. Building regs apparently don’t matter), screeching extractor fan that wakes the whole house, and broken letter box. Admittedly most of these problems were rectified within the first few months, however, the engineer did tell me that the type of oil boiler fitted has to have a stainless steel flue to work correctly. Not the Asbestos / Clay pipe we have …. Result one broken down boiler last week in January with -4 outside. The installer was told that he couldn’t install and new flue as it would be to expensive. That was before the mould started grown through the Kitchen wall. 5 months latter they came to fit a new one, (after two surveys for the same problem by the same guy) after 3 missed appointments (one for no new flue, one for high winds and one because the guy had apparently fallen off the ladder) they realised they couldn’t fit a new one without major building work so we are left with our inadequate asbestos and clay pipe and a boiler that will break every 10months…….. GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!!!!!!

Are you even allowed Asbestos in a kitchen?