PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 8th Jan 2010, 04:59
flyperth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger Conditions

A bit of information on Tiger...

$3000 for Ground school. You are bonded with the $3000 which means, over 2 years if you stay with the Company you don't have to pay anything back, however if you were to leave in 12 months time you then OWE the company $1500.
This means YOU ARE NOT CHARGED the $3000, you will not have any money taken out of your pay, this only happens IF you leave before 2 years. Hope that helps you out.

Tiger have 3 more ground schools going through in early 2010 for Melbourne and 1 for Adelaide.

Melbourne Cabin crew are taking home per month after tax $3800.00 which is $950 after tax a week.

Tiger do pay better than Team Jetstar.
However Tiger Melbourne crew are working 155 hours a month at the moment which is about 38.5 hours a week. That is pretty hard on the body.

But with the ground schoolds going through the rosters will be getting better.

ALSO, over the past 6 months a lot of people have left Tiger because they thought the grass was greener....Mmmm? with half of those people begging Management if they can now return?

I work for Tiger, I have been in the industry for 10 years and I really enjoy it. Great people, new company, and many opportunities to work your way up the ladder.

Good Luck