PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 20:09
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could everybody just calm down please. In a way I kicked this whole thing when Smudgethecat made a comment about the "Trumpton fire brigade" finally being seen to be doing something when involved in snow clearing and I responded as I thought he was an absolute tw@t with no idea as to what a/p firemen did. He compounded it by a further post. I was annoyed that he/she posted with all appearance of an a/p employee. I still think he/she is a tw@t. See rest of thread.

I am not a pilot, simply ex-RAF aircraft tech so know what these guys do, sort of. I have also been known to twiddle a joystick now and again. What I am trying to say is, if you do not understand the function of one part of a/p personnel do not take verbal pot shots at hem. I notice that Smudge seems to be keeping his head down, so he should, but please don't have a go at others, let the spotters spot and the simmers sim, as long as they don't start insulting we should not.

If you happen to know Smudge perhaps you could identify to the "Trumpton fire brigade", I am sure they can educate him better than any us can.

Manofman -

If the posters are spotters and simmers, could you please talk about things that you may know about, like numbers of rivets and tail registrations!
Would you like to state why that statement brings your reply, it is conditional. As you did not post re firemen it does not affect you unless you are self concious about your pastime/hobby. As an aside, chimps are very intelligent and have been known to be fascinated by objects flying overhead.