PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arikair Rotation
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 19:10
TonyWilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm currently enjoying my time home on rotation, which I agreed to shorten to 2 weeks. I guess I'll get 6 weeks on the next rotation.

For me, I really like a month off. It's something you just don't get in virtually any other job. Plus, I change 9 time zones to go home, so it takes a few days to get adjusted.

Guys in Europe have been asking for 4/2 or 6/3, instead of 8/4. I think that should be an option, with some consideration for the extra travel expenses borne by the more frequent visits home.

I've heard that one new fleet may go to 17 on, 13 off for the month. Not sure how that would work, except to say that it will most likely be at a base outside of Nigeria.

Management guys work 8 on, 2 off.

I concur with the thoughts of relatively easy rosters compared to the grinders of the world. I was doing one trip that could easily hit 8 block, and 14 duty, but that was modified in the past 2 weeks. I also typically do 4 sectors, with 5 for an overnight. Sometimes 6. I did 8 one time (4 sectors, then impromptu 4 sectors back and forth to Benin).

I would like rosters with some advance warning, and less last minute changes, but overall, it's not hard work. Living in Lagos can feel a bit confining, as it's difficult to find things to do (besides drinking). I play a lot of golf.

The next thing I plan to do is get a car. Already got my driving license off the street