PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 17:15
ironchefflay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you people should already know this.

CHC may be the largest operator of EC225 in the world, even maybe including EC225 SAR aircraft, but that is because the contracts for these jobs are tendered usually with a choice of platforms and it is the oil companies normally who choose the platform and the equipment fitted.

im not surprised an APU has possibly been offered, but it is an option on the 225, and as such may not be taken up as its takes up payload capability. its standard on the 92, so theres no penalty for having it.

Ian,

I am sure if any recent incidents have influenced peoples perceptions of aircraft it is because they have only heard on side of the story. for every problem the S92 has, the EC225 has one to match it! they may not be the same problem, but the outcomes would be the same! As does the AW139 or any other helicopter flying today. it takes many years of development and redesign to get the reliablity to match the fabled S-61!!! (which also had its fair share of problems!)

From what i understand, the Coast guard Like the S92 and are happy with it. that is what i was told by someone in the organisation. if thats the case then i for one would be happy to go work on them. if AirKnight gets it, well, im sure if i needed a job and they offered me one, the 225 wouldnt put me off it.