PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All ex Buccaneer Pilots we need your help, Beware Big Pics
Old 7th Jan 2010, 16:55
Discus_296

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But then you're making the mistake of thinking that I would care what a bunch of random fools on model-building forums might think - which of course I do not.

Then why have you been banned from one site at least 4 times because of incessant trolling? That's a lot of effort who doesn't "care what a bunch of random fools on model-building forums might think"

All I do is occasionally point-out nonsense when I see it

Now where I come from you're particular brand is just called trolling

Modelling forums seem to be a haven for schoolboy nonsense

Also known as social iteraction... Try it sometime....

they inevitably get upset when you tell them something they don't want to hear

No... They get upset when you start attempting to destroy the reputation of new members who may/may not be part of a manufacturer, without evidence... Funny that.....

Like I keep saying, if anyone seriously believes this ludicrous notion that Trumpeter has embarked upon some sort of direct dialogue with random people on modelling forums, then I think some people need psychiatric help.
<SNIP>
I mean, what are they seriously imagining? Do they think that Trumpeter is going to seek their advice or something? It's quite hilarious.

They have already done so (prior to Mr S). I believe it was the Trumpeter Hellcat that was recalled after forum outcry and the resulting cancelling of pre-orders put pressure on the distributors and they refused to take the kit! That kit was re-worked in conjunction with at least one well known modeller/website owner. Following on from that it would be daft not to look at/communicate with the forums. What's the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"?

I'm not in a position to personally vouch for or call BS on Mr S, but I fail to see why it's such an unlikely move? In a market that is essentially a bunch of people doing their stuff individually behind closed doors, forums would seem a good place (if not the only place) to listen to your customers, or a reasonable sized section of them anyway.

how come he's unwilling (or incapable) of answering even a simple question as to what scale the kit is?

Even without having mystic mind reading, there are many possible reasons; it hasn't been decided, he isn't allowed to say, he may even not *want* to say (he's not a walking press release, he is allowed to be a little "less than proffessional"). I honestly don't know, but there are multiple perfectly plausible reasons... Maybe he just doesn't like you...

The modelling sites are naturally welcome to wrap themselves in a silly frenzy over a piece of plastic

So are you really modeller? Or do you just troll there for fun? I don't recall seeing your work posted anywhere.... I recall you were surprised people weren't whipped up into a complete frenzy about a recent large Tamiya release, bemoaning the excitement about an Airfix release... Breathe it in.... That's the smell of hypocrisy right there...

You are obviously a pretty knowledgeable guy, I quite like your recent Lightning book and have a copy on my shelves at home, it's just a shame you seem to feel the need to aptly demonstrate a complete lack of social awareness and judgement....

All I'm doing is pointing-out nonsense when I see it....

Last edited by Discus_296; 7th Jan 2010 at 16:57. Reason: SPG