PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 15:06
flyinthesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really don't mind if people think I was having a go at a particular section of society, but the problem with freedom of speech is that conjecture creeps in and people with a little knowledge start to make big statements.

I am entirely happy for people to count rivets/ collect tail nos/ belly button gaze, however those same people should be very careful making wide sweeping ill-informed assertions about something they probably don't know that much about. Just because the fire service aren't seen an awful lot isn't exactly a bad thing. Personally, my pax don't see me handling an engine fire/ shutdown a whole lot either (thankfully). But it DOESN'T mean that I can't if I had to. And sitting in an office/ viewing park or wherever will never qualify you to judge. But it doesn't stop me waving at you as I go by either!

CJ1234 - rest easy, The guys are swift, thorough and know exactly what they are doing. They are also one of the friendliest bunch of people on the field.

I think the thread can return to the normal airfield bashing now Sometimes, the commercial plane drivers just get a little bit fed up with assumptions being made