PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another good flight with easyJet
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 13:31
ulxima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F3G
Yeah, I was aware of EasyJet policy which sounded good and fair, IMHO, and I felt comfortable with it. That's why I had been using EZY, though not so often.
Unfortunately it seems that for some reason it applies only in the UK (maybe, given PBW experience!)
If any EZY employee who read this forum could give some explanations, I would appreciate it.
Yesterday I was in Basel again. The evening flight to LGW had been cancelled and the 3:15pm left at 8ish.
There were passengers left there with no HOTAC, no meals, no calls, nothing but a ticket for the next available flight (the following day).
A colleague of mine was on the evening EZY flight and I told him to join me on LX486 (BSL-LCY).

Capetonian
I am sorry, I did not mean your standards are low "tout court"
I fully back your expectations which are mine too.
Even the word "low" is in some way not right.
Well, if I pay less I just expect less.
If I pay more, or I am a program Elite member, I expect something more (within reasons and when necessary).
Yesterday I think I got what I was expecting for.
I was flying business class, my fellow colleague economy.
I asked the FA if I could leave my luggage in the business overhead and join my colleague in the economy if he managed to find a row of two available. Yes, I asked for a downgrade.
It ended that my colleague got an in-flight upgrade and we made our trip together.
I am honest, I would have never asked for a downgrade on long haul
I think each of us can have bad stories on airlines and/or alliances which are very good on average and viceversa.
For instance I have not been flying Lufthansa for 9 years now and I remember when I was a Senator (9 years ago I would have been a HONish ). I've simply banned them from my choice and the reason is they did not meet my expectations when needed and when it was necessary. But it does not mean they are a bad airline to fly with. It is just my own single experience.

Ciao
Ulxima

Last edited by ulxima; 7th Jan 2010 at 13:48. Reason: didn't read PBW post