PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 12:42
flyinthesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having had the services of the MAN Airport Fire Team quite recently for a situation that I will not elucidate on further, I am appalled at the comments made by some posters on here.
I know not if they are commercial pilots, if they are then they should be ashamed. Because the one day they put out the call, they will expect MANFIRE to be there, primed and ready. They will expect them to pull them out of the poo where possible and then meet at the Romper for a celebratory tipple.

If the posters are spotters and simmers, could you please talk about things that you may know about, like numbers of rivets and tail registrations!

No, the Fire Service at the airport are NOT the 'normal' fire service, nor are they meant to be. They are however all firepersons with experience from 'normal' fire services. And they train for a specific set of scenarios that hopefully will not be needed.

Frankly, I am ashamed that anybody linked to the airport has started a debate like this. Please go back to discussing how many new routes to Entebbe might/might not be starting!