PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 11:38
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

Currently sitting in an internet cafe, drinking a nice ice cold appletiser in 48 deg C. I feel like i am melting away at the moment!!

Anyway, just wanted to say mostly to us newbies, that i have had some great PM from allot of our senior pilots who have been through what i am going through at the moment so it would be stupid of me not to heed to there advice!!

As you guys know i have come out here looking for a flying job, but as yet nothing has come of it. So i have decided to also try and look for any other work around here. But the only problem is obtaining a work permit. So i will see how things go and ask around.

Was trying to get on a flight to Kasane from Maun today, but it is not unusual to to be bumped off last minute, you have to remember that fair paying passengers, frieght or air operators crew will come before you. And thats what happened to me!! But it's OK keep your chin up smile and try other avenues.

No flights today, not hanging around the airport all day either to hack people off. The time i do spend there i try and talk to as many pilots as i can.

I am reading through my 206 POH, because just incase i do get invited for an interview i would like to show that i havent just been sitting around all day twiggling my thumbs.

I am going to try and arrange a medical too!!

Anyway guys got reading to do speak soon. Feel free to write a post or send me a PM.