PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 11:36
Mmmayday38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the recommendation?

Quality Time; I am interested to know what Boeing are now recommending pilots/airlines to do if this scenario happened again please? If, for instance, on finals, with gear down and F30, final approach speed at 1500 ft and a double rollback occurred, or similar double engine failure; what are they saying to do? This would be twice the height of the BA38 incident. Are they saying the same for all wind conditions/runway clearways?

Wannabe Flyer; In answer to your question... We had the best outcome on the day, and I wouldn't change the decisions. I would, however, have appreciated more time; both to deal with communications, options and the fact that more time would have meant more height! I have seen the figures, and wouldn't want to end up anywhere other than the BA38s' impact point... no further forward, no further back! I'm not saying we briefed to put it down where we did, but, at the time it appeared to be the closest 'safe and unobstructed area' to aim for. With hindsight, my impact point appears to be the location that would result in the least number of fatalities.