PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Air Swansea
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 10:02
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smilingknifed

Although I never met Phil, he had departed Unique Air before the arrival of me and a small motley crew of next victims in Swansea, I heard a little about him, none of it bad (except from Davies' trail of rubbish), and had received correspondence from him during his time in the office. Davies used to comment when his name came up, but we were all immediately suspicious of anything Davies used to spout forth and so no stain was, I am quite sure, made on Phil's character.

For myself, although I was naive about aviation and some of the crooks therein, I knew deep down Unique was a non starter (although I managed to delude myself for several weeks) and that Davies and Sedgely were liars. I am quite sure the others who passed through the scruffy door into the smokey hell that was the Unique Air office, were similarly disdainful and incredulous about most of Davies' claims including the vitriol he would spout about all and sundry, including occasionally, Phil.

There were one or two emails on the Unique Air computer from Phil to Davies, which Davies would (accidentally?) leave open on screen. These made clear the situation between Phil and Davies, and I felt at the time (correctly) that I too would be in a similar position to Phil in a few weeks. I must say the language Phil used was always business like and professional when he had been shafted by Unique Air, something which I cannot say about my own language: that says something to me about the man he is.

Although I did not know him, I am deeply saddened to hear of his illness, and my thoughts, for what they can be worth, go to his family and friends. I hope the fact that any hearsay about Phil fell way short of its intended target to those who did not even know him, reassures them that Phil was not held in a bad light over any of the Unique Air dealings. Similarly I would like to thank you sincerely for letting us know here about Phil's illness.