PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VistaJet - boosts its Managment?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 08:00
deskjockey101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daifly & Amex

Dailfy

Your post, while a little vague in places, is potentially one of the most incisive i have ever seen with regard to the last 10 yrs of frax. It's not how I (or any independant) would value success that's important, but what the owners of the company agree with the management on how to value success. In this case even more important as the owner has a 50yr track record as a long term investor therefore making short term profit goals less appropriate and possibly allows management to find other measure which they can "manage" more easily, which will bring them the rewards they want, despite the amount of capital required, as they know the owner is in for the long term with pockets to match, of which customer numbers (and not profitable customers) are a very simple one...

Amex, appreciate the positive message and many thanks.

Just for the record if you want an example of the difference in mind set between VJ and NJ then look at fleet composition. At the height of NJ they had around 170 aircraft (dont shoot me for being +/- 10) however of that around 80 were light cabin (Bravo/400XP) more than 40% which assumining you know the economics are more difficult to make profitable than mid cabin (especially as they have similar crew/landing/handling costs) In addition it is reported that Richard Santulli wanted to ditch the light cabin and focus on the more profitable mid/large/ultra long range, moving very much towards VJ's model.

VJ have a very targeted focus and have little or no interest in building light cabin, but are focussed on mid/large/ultrawhere there is at least a reasonable margin, and due to the reduction in production over the last 18 months, will likely maintain value better (at what level not sure) than light cabin.

Despite marketing fluff (which i know we get slagged for, just like everyone else) we (or should i say the owner) is totally focussed on building the value profitably and bringing it to a wider audience and this time not forgetting Africa and Asia Pacific.

This business is never going to be easy, but we can make it profitable which means we might just have a long term future.........and even for the most sceptical of posters i think it's worth a bloody good go!!!!