PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair off piste at PIK (23 Dec 2009)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 06:02
Whippersnapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me that most of the RYR bashing comes from EZY pilots and cabin crew. I have done five years for each, as have many RYR pilots, and all of us agree that wile RYR has its issues, it's a better run and safer organisation than our former employer. We don't fly around on a thimble of fuel. We don't have fatigue inducing or unstable rosters. We have more days off. We rarely have any defects on an aircraft at all, deferred or otherwise. The training is of a similar standard but there is more of it, and commanders are not selected for their sycophancy or company politics. Those, though, are company issues , not issues attributable to the pilots.

That much said, I was always highly impressed by the high average standard of EZY's cabin crew (the best standard I have seen in my four airlines) and their pan-crew CRM (sadly, like elsewhere, it stops at the aircraft door).

So, can we stop the company slagging? They both have their issues, but the pilots at RYR and EZY are of a very similar calibre and both have to deal with some unpleasant company politics. We no different from eachother.