PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 01:05
ironchefflay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, firstly, its not my first post. had another account but wont seem to let me in!

funny how only the 225 lovers seem to come in here and have to try to prove why its the platform to go for!

as for me, well, im not a pilot, im an engineer and i work on both types, and i prefere to work on the S92. thats just my opinion, im not going to try to convince anyone otherwise, thats just how it is.

operationally, i think the cabin is MUCH better for SAR. you CAN STAND UP in it, its much roomier for kit and patients, cockpit has better visability, and the ramp is very handy as attested to by the current CG users. that together with an APU makes it much more useful in my book. then there is no problem with the battery, can have air con and electric with out needing the use of the engines. im sure, heat in the mountains would be appreciated if parked up! these things alone i think make it far more suitable. i will accept however, having a door at either side may be of some limited value as some have lauded before. but im sure if the door is on the wrong side, the pilots can easily turn it round, or move!

i believe if the 92 is picked, the coastguard will get S92B's instead of A models, which will include a redesign of the Aux tanks. I noticed sumburghs aux tanks are up on the storage roof still wrapped in plastic, so i dont think they are much of a problem for them! im sure any other problems will have been looked at as well

from a maintenance perspective, i find them much better to work on. thats as far as im going with that!!

the above are my musings for you folks to mull over. im not entering into a fight as you pilot types always seem to want to! thats just what i think!

PS. our 225's constantly need bump starting on ground power!!! even first thing in the morning!