PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Air Swansea
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2010, 22:56
SmilingKnifed

L'enfant Terrible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks, slightly off topic but as this is somewhere where everyone knows him, I'm very sorry to say that Phil Barraclough has had to be moved to a hospital in Bristol and unfortunately won't be coming home.

Many of you knew Phil from his unfortunate association with Unique Air. Phil was one of the first 'hired' along with myself and moved to Swansea, giving up a career in the police force, to work in the office on the assurance that funds were on the way. Unfortunately it became clear that this wasn't the case and Phil left around the same time as me (did we ever actually start?!) and moved back to his family and previous job.

Things looked bleak on the job front for a while but Phil managed to get a break on the Hawker with Hangar 8, it was then that he learned the awful news that he had a brain tumour. He underwent major surgery to remove it and returned, yet again, to a ground job back with the police and was upbeat the last time we spoke last summer. I've since received the awful news from a friend of ours that Phil has been moved to palliative care in hospital and faces a very bleak prognosis.

I would like to very publically state that Phil was one of the good guys and acted in good faith throughout his short association with Davies. When it became clear what a parasite he was, Phil got out and made sure others were warned. If anyone stills view Phil in a bad light then let them cease, there is no stain on his character.

Whilst a terminal illness can only be described as an act of God, I still bitterly resent Davies and Sedgley for even the slimmest of association and the destructive effect they had on so many lives and the anger Phil felt towards them. Fraudsters like them deserve to be behind bars and I sincerely hope we all one day get our chance in court. Phil won't.