PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 6th Jan 2010, 19:19
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You eat, why shouldn't we?

Topbunk
Actually I think you will find that is an Industrial Agreement and not a legal requirement.
I think the right to eat is actually a moral one as it is fulfilling a basic need! I further think you will find that your crew are not functioning as well as they could without that need fulfilled! The new EU working time directive has now obligated employers to ensure that employees have rest time built in to their working day. There is a higher authority than the CAA!

As for your ARN flights, where I eat is of little concern to me. On LHR/ARN/LHR BA kindly provide me with an approximation of a meal and, should I fail to have time to eat it (not uncommon on a full 767), an extra half hour at the end of my duty day; on the ARN/LHR/ARN this unfortunately would not be the case therefore I must leave the a/c to find my own sustenance. My employer could choose to supply me with a meal as it does for its Flight Crew and then I could stay on the plane, that would be fine too! As long as I get to sit down and have a meal I really don't care. And as for

This LHR EF Agreement is one of the things hamstringing the company in rostering more efficiently in EF.
What is hamstringing the company in rostering more efficiently EF crews is the insistence of T5 security that they do not want Euro crews wandering around airside when they have not been screened at LHR making fixed links difficult. Oh, that and about 1000 too many crew and having not planned ahead for the reduction in the Boeing flying schedule inspite of talking about it since 2000, but you don't want to get me started on that!

Last edited by ottergirl; 6th Jan 2010 at 19:24. Reason: fine tuning