PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 6th Jan 2010, 19:15
cym

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have also had contract changes introduced using the 90 day rule (with another leading major UK travel group) in the past- totally legal and accepted by me due to the clear understanding that the company gave me about the trading positions thert were encountering at the time.

In fairness to BA I think that is what they have been trying to do for the last 9 months - BUT certain parties have failed to participate in the process

For those of you that are pro BASSA may I suggest that you ask of them if this option is available to BA - no retoric just a straight yes or no - you need to have a full understanding of what options BA have before you vote. To do so without knowing the full facts may well be a decision you will come to regret.

BASSA and Unite are now totally on the back foot (fact) - their legal position has been shown to be wanting, inposition is in and running (as would have been known looking at LGW SF), the PR war as been lost, the 1st Feb hearing will (in my opinion) come out in support of the company position. Also to be honest if BA do go down the 90 day route a substancial part of the media and your customer base would be in total agreement with BA's decision

Last post from me on this subject - think its all been said already. For those that accept the need to change - I wish you all the very best. For those of you that want to make an informed decision - ask questions and focus on fact not retoric. For those of you that would rather die than change the job centre awaits

Last edited by cym; 6th Jan 2010 at 21:59.