PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Snow in the UK En-route environment
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2010, 12:48
5milesbaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JB - no. Although if it causes problems, it has happened in the past where the company have put pressure on someone to move closer. Thats probably better than being sacked for poor time keeping and attendance I'd imagine.

TAD - get a life. Your area is used to this every year and therefore you are expected to cope with it (and rightfully so). This is the first proper snow I have seen down south for the 10 years I have lived here. This is also the worst snow I have seen for 25 years having spent over half my life living on the edge of the Pennines. Walking in it is fine as long as you have the right footwear and clothing which many do not have down here. I'm not going to buy snow tyres to use once every 10 years, they wouldn't last between use so would mean buying a new set every time I need to use them. I'd hazard a guess that most people down here haven't had ANY experience driving on snow like this, and now even 4x4's are struggling to get out of town up the only hill in and out.

FBW - pick out relevant ranting comments from the paragraph above.

Good on those that have managed to get in, hear the operation is still running well and providing a good service. Last night saw 6 inches dumped in the Swanwick area in about an hour which happened to be the start of the rush hour - not surprised that carnage quickly ensued!