PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wings Aviation "5N-JAH" Bodies Released 20 Months After Crash!
Old 6th Jan 2010, 11:23
Flightsimman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chucks whilst your experience in flying around Nigeria is not to be questioned, I think your excuses are rather lame though.

1.) How often does this happen (rather coincidental) ?

2.)Three bodies found (in a country like Nigeria I am sure that three bodies could be found anywhere and how come DNA is able to be extracted from 1000 year old bodies but not from bodies that are 6 months old? )

3.) The 1900D is classified as an "Airliner" and not a "light aircraft" (I suppose a B737 on a positioning flight is also classified as being used as a "light aircraft" with two crew and nil cargo?)

4.) So ??...They ("NCAA"/"AIB") have had ample time to get their $hit together and still no full report. I don't know about you but this seems a little suspect to me since the accident occured in 2008 and we are now in 2010..

5.) "5N-JAH" was written on the rear fueselage (not on the tail) in "Red" characters (the report shows a photo of the registration in "Black" characters and makes reference to the tail )

6.) So??....This is supposed to be an official report (I wouldn't have thought it would of have been too hard to obtain a proper picture of the aircraft in question, instead of something that looks like it had been created in MS Paint by a 4 year old child.)

I am not stiring up doubt (just reporting the facts) and these facts make me rather "suspect" as to what actually did take place, with not only how the events were reported, but how this whole farce had been handled.
The fact that people don't question these things as they are "expected" in a country like Nigeria due to their past history of these events. This is "bull****" and if there are doubts then those people who believe this should speak out and not be silenced by threats or bribes.

One of the most disappointing aspects of this is that the past few years has seen a dramatic improvement in aviation standards in Nigeria and if this event was a scam, then those people that are busting their asses to improve the industry are being let down by greedy scammers.

I have never flown to into Benin or Obudu but have been on that aircraft in very poor conditions (severe storms on final approach with an extremely wet short runway)

Regards,

Last edited by Flightsimman; 6th Jan 2010 at 11:34.