PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Snow in the UK En-route environment
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2010, 08:20
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that'd be asking too much, but it would be nice to be given some sort of personal acknowledgement instead of some generic e-mail sent to all staff.

The afternoon shift stayed on late to cover the late arrivals, some people travelling from afar persevered and pitched up 4 hours late when they couldeasily have said 'sod it'. Some people abandoned cars and walked seevral miles to complete the journey...

The Canteen at Swanwick remained open thanks to 2 members of staff which was a very nice touch - albeit probably their idea, not anyone else's - I hope the staff fill in comments cards to ensure that Aramark acknowledge this effort as well.

Overall a great team effort, got it all to do again tonight with snow starting to fall again already.

One thing that does rile me is the fact that people who did not make it in last night (and it was extreme conditions) will lose a days leave because of non attendance.

Fair enough if they phone in 24hrs before hand saying they won't even try to get in, but if they have made an effort in weather we haven't seen for years then it's a bit unfair

Lon More- it would not have helped in this instance as the motorway (and the junctions that would have had direct access) were grid locked. Mind you, considering the nature of the operation, it was a bit disappointing to see that the council had not even gritted the main street approaching Sopwith Way. Surely the main ATC infrastructure in England should have some priority?