PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional Flight Training - IR CPL MEP
Old 6th Jan 2010, 00:44
indyk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys....

yes PAT is a good school but were talking about PFT!!!!....

i know everyone says dont pay up front - but when taking out a Career development loan for training the banks/your money is payed directly to the school.

so how do we get round this issue - as some of my friends that trained here are in a bad way!!

hmmm and the idea of keeping students in the sim and not brining them up to a fair standard just so to stretch it out make as much money as possible is truly despicable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what will the CAA do about Professional Flight Training and Simulator training services as the owner is Mike Boulton is still trading - surely the CAA would be interested in the standard of teaching and would ask questions why and how is a school aloud to operate in this manor, and would ask how other schools @ EGHH have had the task of picking up the pieces and bringing the ex students up to CAA standards (thanks to PAT and BCFT).

davey147..... suggested that you ask your friend at ryanair how much more he had to pay to get his IR at PFT as no one i know has ever been anywhere near there initial quoted figure time or price + 15-20% - at the moment its running at 50-100% on top of the minimum quoted figure hours+price.

and yes CATS is a very good ground school!!! probably one of the best!!! as I'm there doing my ATPLs at the mo!!!!