PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR Contract for Vietnam Airlines!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2010, 23:55
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAL vs ...well ANYONE!

RAL are THE WORST! First hand experience on that one. I was on contract with them not too long ago. If you need an agency to defend your T&C's, your contract if it is breached, your legal rights then you may as well whistle Dixie. RAL have a looong history of not paying on time, of withholding final salary after you resign in the hope you won't chase it up and when you do pursue things expect phone calls to be diverted, emails unanswered and finally if you need to threaten legal action you "may" only then get your money. FACTS.

I know of one guy owed $23k USD from RAL.

DPI and Parc are head and shoulders above the others.

No one has problems with RAL (or any other agency) until they NEED them to step up and defend you. RAL go running for the hills while I have seen Parc stand firm and others I have met with DPI have also received personal service as and when needed to keep things running smoothly.

Get used to, for example:
CONTRACTOR: "Water is wet."
RAL: "Well, we don't interpret it that way."

I can't stress it enough: do NOT touch RAL. Go to other forums and do a key word search or try asking anyone in the Indian Aviation scene!!!! Or, post the same question to those at Royal Brunei. You'll find "reputable" agencies won't touch some "contracts" (loose term) with a bargepole for a very good reason.

DO NOT TRUST RAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Life as a contract pilot is already unreliable enough without the money hungry and deceitful antics of an unsupportive agency screwing you over more.

Last edited by TopTup; 6th Jan 2010 at 00:07.