PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2010, 23:15
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I can only hope that the well-publicised untenable position of the MoD will finally be revealed and they will finally do the honourable thing and return the reputations of Jonathan Tapper and Rick Cook to their respective families. Only then will the Campaign cease.
Brian, I can understand why the families and colleagues of the crew would want closure, and for the campaign to wind down.

As a retired RAF pilot and officer, I personally would not be satisfied with the RAF just doing the "honourable thing" and clearing Jon and Rick. Some heads need to roll, and that includes the 2 senior officers who were so insistent, despite a complete lack of the necessary evidence, to blame the pilots. Those responsible for 'hiding' these recently uncovered documents also need to face censure, and harsh censure at that. These people are a disgrace.

I am not suggesting that the campaign should in any way be involved in the process to see that the miscreants face the music. But given the disgraceful behaviour of some of the people involved in the blatantly poor decisions to use the HC2, as well as the recent embarrassing revelations of the Haddon-Cave report, I find myself aghast and utterly ashamed of the upper echelons of the RAF and the MOD. Their behaviour is inexcusable, and backsides need kicking, even if it means dishonourable discharge from the Service.