PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone got a decent business travel insurance policy?
Old 5th Jan 2010, 21:11
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Strake, I've not had to use my AmEx Platinum medical for anything like as severe an event but confirm they have always paid for emergency dental repairs whilst away and when delayed in the USA by the big power failure of 2003, they paid out the maximum that the policy stated. So this is also going to be an advert but I have had excellent service since 1984.

Before I was Platinum, I used the regular AmEx annual travel insurance through the Green and then Gold cards. I also like the extra cards (at zero cost). F3G, this is one to investigate, you can give another Platinum card to your spouse/partner and they gain ALL the benefits but the card costs no extra. You can also give free cards on the account to say, a parent that might need to make an emergency payment. I did this for my father in his retirement, in case he needed a hotel or something at short notice. Also, they give you TWO cards, one is called the 'Alternative' card and can be used for biz expenses and these are all itemised on a separate page of the statement for easy reckoning.

Yes, you do get Priority Pass (as does the spouse/partner card holder) and I export my 'Membership Rewards' points to my VS account. I reckon the cost high but good value. As it covers me for multiple trips worldwide (other than skiing/climbing sort of thing) and has never let me down. Lastly, I can get local cash of Trav Chqs in just about any country.

I also concur that AmEx have lost service 'edge' in the past decade but no more than any other company that has to make savings. For once, the premium paid DOES deliver.