PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2010, 20:32
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone.

Firstly, a very happy 2010 to you all.

I'll bet the MoD had thought we had gone away :
Unfortunatley for them, we were just working behind the scenes - and we continue to do so!

The MoD response was completely predictable and the fact that they, once again, returned to this tired old mantra of "It's not new evidence" was something that was expected. What would be useful is if the MoD could produce a copy of any document that lists what information was available to the Board of Inquiry for them to request if they though it relevent. My guess is no such document exists

Did the BoI actually know of the existence of these current documents? Did the BoI know that at the time they were sitting, the MoD was suing the engine manufacturers? I very much doubt it.

As usual, the MoD are blaming junior officers - not only the two pilots for the crash, but now the President of the BoI for not requesting documents that he was unaware existed!

I should thank you all for your continued support and also thank those who have been working very hard, behind the scenes for us. You have all been fantastic.

I can only hope that the well-publicised untenable position of the MoD will finally be revealed and they will finally do the honourable thing and return the reputations of Jonathan Tapper and Rick Cook to their respective families. Only then will the Campaign cease.

My best, as always,
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook