PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone got a decent business travel insurance policy?
Old 5th Jan 2010, 19:20
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F3G, You're welcome.

For some background, I've been an Amex holder since 1981 and like BA, there are times when I have been a little frustrated with service. However, when it matters, they've come through with flying colours. A few years ago, we were on holiday in Singapore off the back of a business trip. I suffered a leg injury which left me in intense pain. The short story is that I was taken to hospital, morphined up, had an incredible amout of tests done over two weeks and was eventually medivac'd back to the UK, Club with BA and a personal doctor. The bill came to £18,000. Amex not only paid up direct to the hospital but managed the whole crisis from their emergency centre from day one. I hadn't even used the card to book the trip.
Add to that, completely free car hire insurance (you know, all those funny insurances, LDW, PDW, CDW, LBW.....just say "no" when the rental agency asks), retail insurance, priorty club access, membership miles, discount air tickets and hotels and much more and it really does add up to a fantastic package for £300.
I know I sound like a salesman for Amex but my God, how often on this board do we complain about poor service? So, praise where praise is due.