PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Dreaded Maths And Physics. Help?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2010, 13:45
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
I'm afraid that I think you're wrong there CrescentPirate. Correct spelling and grammar needs to be a matter of continuously re-inforced habit; you can't suddenly adopt good habits when required any more than you can suddenly start flying well for a skills test or line check: it needs to always be there.

G

Oh, by the way, relating to the above topic of correct grammer, there actually is no criticism. Why must i say this? Sure the text is gramatically incorrect in standard english but we are on a forum in which does not require standard english and so we can openly use functions of slang and influency features as an affordance. Writing in fully standard english holds the contraints of time and effort. I am not knocking the need for standard english, it is important for formal occasions and speaking to people of relative importance but it is not entirly important on these types of networks.

Oh, by the way: relating to the above topic of correct grammar, there actually is no criticism. Why must I say this? Of course my text is gramatically incorrect in standard English; but, we are on a forum which does not require standard English and so we can openly use slang. Writing in fully standard English wastes time and effort. I am not knocking the need for standard English; it is important for formal occasions and when speaking to people of any importance; but, it is not entirely important on these types of forums.