PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving from Europe to the US. Still possible?
Old 5th Jan 2010, 05:53
USav8or

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zumzum - lots of doomsday advice for you here. As a European living and working in the US I don't think the economy here is as horrible as some folks want you to think BUT if you're unemployed right now, there are few if any flying jobs available... Recession, remember?

I think Europe tends to trail the US a few years in the economical cycle so I do believe we (the US) will recover sooner and probably stronger than the EU countries will but of course there are no guarantees.

In the long run, I think the enormous strains of the €uro project will catch up with most EU countries in the next 5-10 years and unless the politicians somehow resolve the incredible budget imbalance between the wealthy and the poor EU nations the unemployment in Europe will rise and 5 years from now there might be more flying jobs here in the US than in Europe again...

Then again, what the h... do I know, I'm just an aluminum tube driver...

Zumzum - Your main problem is to decide if you want to give up a pretty good job (from what you described) for the uncertainty of a "girlfriend" - yeah, unless this is a wife-to-be I wouldn't even consider it (however, I'd definitely support the child).