PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alternatives to Flickr
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2010, 04:25
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fall into the same category of a mackerel's sphincter .. but the bottom line is .. if you want a site with no advertising, and user-friendly layout .. you gotta open the wallet, and release some moths.

Having said that, I've managed to survive 12 years on the 'net without paying out for a photo-hosting site yet. That may change in the future, as websites start to see a fall-off in advertising revenue and want to make it up by inserting a straw into your drink.

I used ImageShack for years, but the ads are becoming annoying. I've gone over to TinyPic. Others brag about the wondrous features of Photobucket, et al.
Friends who are better off than me (or who possess sphincters more loose than mine) have stumped up at places such as SmugMug and PBase, and claim they are winners.
I personally prefer sites such as KeepandShare, that use a carrot-and-stick approach .. you get a sniff for free, but if you want to smell the full aroma, you need to let the moths out of the wallet ..

Imageshack - ImageShack® - Image Hosting
Photobucket - Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
TinyPic - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Shutterfly - Photo Books, Photo Cards & Stationery, Photo Printing and Photo Share Sites | Shutterfly
SmugMug - SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing. You look better here.
PBase - PBase.com
KeepandShare - Share files, calendars & photos online for free | KeepandShare