PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen Airlines
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 22:03
Captain Falcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks so much for the response fly fly. It certainly seems like you have detailed info, which is helpful for someone like me or anyone new looking at the contract. Are you currently at Shenzhen Airlines as well?

No offense, but I guess I still don’t get it. I have worked contracts in the middle east and Africa, and have worked with several different agencies including PARC and Rishworth. I have always felt that they fill a certain need with the airline regarding advertising and recruiting, but don’t have a lot to do with the airline operation, scheduling, etc. It seems like most of the criticism on this forum is based on personal issues and not operational issues.

I have to go back to the really basic questions: “do you get paid on time?” or “is the operation safe?” I know a lot of guys from the US who think that the agency will operate like a union and force the airline to “make things better” but that really isn’t what the environment is like anywhere in the world. They are an agent of the airline and are hired to fill a certain roll. If you expect more than that, you will be disappointed no matter what country it is.

Has WAS or Wasinc (which is it?) done anything specifically to you that affected your pay or benefits? I hear some guys talk about that the agency did this or that to them, but ultimately it seems like the blame for most of those issues around not following the contract can be traced back to the airline. The agency can only try to manage what the airline decides.

I guess for myself I am not so interested in personal issues against individuals at the agency, but more interested in how the airline operation runs and most importantly that I get paid the amount that was promised in my contract for the work I do.

I haven't been at Shenzhen that long but would be very interested in hearing the horror stories that you mentioned. What recruiting agency do you recommend to fly for Shenzhen? Are the contracts the same between them all?

Captain Falcon