PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 19:34
heading 125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piper Tommy you said that training is not accepted 99 % of the time.
Well you need to eat your words and check your facts - sorry to be straight to the point but people enjoy putting Cardiff down.

Training is accepted 0730 to 2230 daily. Single engine go arounds are £6.50.
Training is accepted on an hourly slot and if you ring airfield charges on 01446 711111 they will book a whole hour with as many instrument go arounds as you can do for a very low fee. I believe that each touch and go is £9.50 for a Seneca in the circuit.

We accept 1 training aircraft per hour slot and with the down turn in movements at Cardiff you can do a lot of approaches compared to other busy airfields. Cardiff ATC control the airways L9 and N864 up to FL165 so if you need to go in the airway we can give you good levels without the need to ask London. If you are refused it is because of traffic and no ther reason.

If you want to train at Cardiff give ATC a ring on 01446 712562 and book a slot or ask for the watch Manager and he'll give you a brief on the procedures. Cardiff is a very cheap airfield to train at and definately open for business. If you have had any problems in the last 2 months with not getting training bookings please pm me and I'll check what happened. One point to remember is that if equipment (ILS /DME/ Cardiff Radar) is on maintainance or we have radar problems then we, like all other airfields cannot accept training. Cardiff will be getting a brand new mode S radar this year, installation is in progress now with it fully operational by the summer. Keep a lookout on the southside for developments.

Money is being spent at Cardiff and it is well place for the future ie. New radar, new NDB, new DME, new met sytem, new instrument training procedures and that is in the last few months. Come and try us out and don't forget to tell others.