PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 19:32
EuroWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(WTF did Gozo get fishing licence and blockbuster card from?)
The Italians deem a fishing licence as appropriate ID.

Personally, I think if it is a secure and relatively tamper proof form of photographic ID, it should be accepted on domestic flights. But whether or not an Italian fishing/hunting licence or old style ID should be accepted is debatable.

Perhaps it is because RYR want to employ the lowest form of staff at the lowest wage and dont want to confuse the poor bozos.
Just because handling agents are not the highest paid in the world, does not mean that they incapable of inspecting ID. Handling agents on the same wage manage to deal with other airlines in Italy (i.e. easyJet or Alitalia) who have accepted the rules on Italian domestic flights. These people are not 'bozos' who work for Ryanair's handling agents, in many cases they deal with other airlines applying these rules.

I suspect the real reason is not having to modify their systems. This also allows them to keep their policy of ID requirements consistent throughout the network. It's probably cheaper for them to do this.

I notice that while the routes have been cancelled from January 23rd they seem to resume again at the end of March. Perhaps FR are looking to resolve the issue by then, however, I think it's looking unlikely with ENAC even threatening to sue!