PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Line training: the debate
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 13:15
Journey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tommyg737
Yes paying for ur rating is wrong but like you said the flying hours are good with it, and so I would rarther pay and fly and get paid for flying than not pay for your rating and therefore flying but also getting paid not to fly!
This is like some sort of Monty Python sketch. I would contend the hours aren't great for the payment, and then you're sat jobless whilst the next guy in line does his hours, and then the next, ad infinitum... So yes, you do get to fly for a while, but then you sit with a ticking rating whilst everyone else piles in behind.

"and so I would rarther pay and fly and get paid for flying than not pay for your rating and therefore flying but also getting paid not to fly!"

Regardless of what you'd prefer to do, paying to fly isn't being paid to fly. In fact, disregard as I can't decipher this...

Originally Posted by go around flaps15
The type rating will be paid off soon if he is shrewd. If he performs well over the next 3 to 4 years he WILL be up for command. If FR are still doing well and he wants to stay at FR, he WILL stay.
If he shrugs his shoulders and says sod this and doesnt turn up to East Mids, Stockholm, or Amsterdam for the over priced(by my own admission) type rating, will he be sitting in the LHS of the 737 in 4 to 5 years? Not a hope in hell!
This is pure marketing, which no doubt probably nets you a lot of applicants. So, by taking the course all the applicants are guarantees LHS in three to five years? Have you got any statistics to back this up? If there are no statistics to show the career path of previous candidates, then I'd would take this insinuation with a bucket of salt. Furthermore, I'd be absolutely astounded by any credible evidence to back up this claim in the current economic climate.

It sounds like you work at FR and are obviously keen to see the herds of young hopefuls keep on coming. i can't blame you for that, but back up your statements...