PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Jet2 Thread
Thread: The Jet2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 12:30
cutler10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wanted to follow on from my original questions to give some feedback on my jet2 experience.

going out to Duss, fine, no problems at all, LBA was almost deserted so just went virtually straight through and onto the plane, flight left early and arrived early, crew were great.

returning from Duss, something went wrong with the aircraft we think when it was coming from leeds and possibly had to go back (we werent really given much info by Duss airport) then we were told the plane was coming a little later but to Koln-Bonn not Dusseldorf, so that meant everyone reclaiming baggage etc and getting a bus to Koln and re checking in/going through security etc, in the end we did get a flight from Koln to LBA, probably around 3 hours behind schedule. Again, the flight crew were great.

So, all in all a mixed experience, not a major massive delay in the scheme of things i guess, just a bit of a hassle, id be interested to know what actually happened to the original flight that was coming to dusseldorf if anyone knows as we werent really told much at the airports.

My only major complaint though is with LBA, we arrived back there around 1am i think and the place was just deserted, i had parked in the long stay car park and the busses which take you there had stopped running, i actually had to walk a lady who was on her own to her car as when she asked the security people about the buses they said "you'll have to walk it love, careful though, its very icy down that road" brilliant. so it meant a 15 minute walk through snow and ice down a deserted dark lane to get back to the car park, really not very safe at all and god knows how a disabled passenger would have coped.

cheers for all the original input on the thread people