PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Swissport Redundancies??
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 12:11
JamesKirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another H/A for BHX

New Handling Agent At Bhx

Why would they need one?...it's the same people doing the same work.
Not nessesarily true, yes the same people will be in place however S/Air may not allow them to work to the same rules that aviance allowed, things were done for the airlines as a "sweetener" to ensure the airline reps were happy ( & lets face it keep the reps happy & that filters back to Head Office), from what i have heard S/Air management say is that unless the airline pays for it, they dont get it!!! Silly really when we are just talking about things that cost the H/A nothing or peanuts but keeps the contract sweet and everyone employed.

Some have said that a 3rd H/A will not come in unless there is the work to justify it, again true but a number of airlines have expressed displeasure with both S/Air & S/Port that combined would be enough for the initial outlay, i am sure that some of the aviance staff (myself included) who are not happy with the poor level of S/Airs pay/conditions would jump at the chance of another H/A coming in & because of the extent of accomodation that will be lost due to the merger i am positive that BIA would look at forging deals with any new company for reduced rates etc.

Big meeting tommorrow between both sets of managers & unions, hopefully we cam get some further news, after all its been a month now & we are no further down the road of knowing what the hell is going on.
JK