PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 4th Jan 2010, 11:59
mizwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ based on facts

re: post 140 and 153 .....

We, the crew told the Purser that we indeed wanted to walk off with her for several reason. Support, loyalty and we did not feel safe with a captain who made such a poor judgement call and was displaying such erratic behavior. Thanks to our Purser who displayed concern for our welfare and showed us what professionalism truly is, she asked us to continue on to ORD as the plane had to get there, the passengers needed to get there and she did not want us to suffer any potential negative repercussions. She was concerned about the passengers and crew alike...unlike the captain, who basically needed to feed his ego. Hope he enjoyed it as it cost him his career!!
To be on an aircraft as a crew member and not to feel safe with the captain in charge is a very terrifying feeling and you feel very vunerable with absolutely no control. Thanks to the efforts of our Purser, we were able to "keep it together" until we landed.
If I ever felt that way about a skipper or any other crew member for that matter I would most def have done what I could to ensure the flight did not continue with said skipper in control of the aircraft. Passenger safety would have been foremost in my mind, not my crew losing their jobs etc ...... just a thought

Last edited by mizwings; 4th Jan 2010 at 12:18.