PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA unrealistic fees?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 11:26
The Real Slim Shady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
al446

Fisrtly, you keep banging on about Unison: we are not dealing with Unison and their means of dealing with matters, we are talking here about BALPA fees. Now if you aren't aircrew and / or not a member or official of BALPA your views and opinions on how another separate union does or does not do something don't really matter.

However, to humour you, this is a direct quote from the BALPA members Rules:

. The extent of the Legal Assistance granted, and the means by which it is provided, shall be at the absolute discretion of the NEC,
Whichever way you look at it the choice to provide assistance is the union's, not the individuals.

I have never said that BALPA have their own in house lawyers: you pulled that one from a leftover Xmas cracker!

From then on it is the lawyers decision, in conjunction with member, as to whether to proceed or not, not the union's
See the quotation from the rule book!

In an anonymous post you can make any claim you wish, it doesn't mean it is true. Even if partially true
Well is it true or not? How would you know? you aren't - A. a BALPA member B. Aircrew C. A BALPA official.

I'm not going to name names here, suffice it to say one fella was given partial assistance, won his case but had to pay the bulk of the fees himself. Another gave up his case out of sheer frustration because the help was so slow and tied up with conditions and caveats, and on another thread a guy said his request for help had been rejected but he had gone on himself to win the case.

The attitude of your beloved Unison can be seen quite clearly on the homepage of the website with the words of the General Secretary " 2010 is set to be a pivotal year for public services. Cameron’s plans for a public sector pay freeze shows that the Tories haven't changed - they are still on the side of the haves. And as the general election battle cranks up, public services are set to become the political battleground".

Battleground???? Sounds like fighting talk to me: what happened to working in partnership?