PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Censorship
Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2002, 13:20
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A quick note to point out our support here in the Towers for Heliport's comments and his stewardship of the forum.

Those with any doubts in this may care to glance at the title below the name of your moderator. We have extended Heliport's moderating control beyond this forum to the entire site. This is in no way intended to drag him from your midst or dilute his time in developing your forum. He quite simply joins a very small but totally trusted group of long term PPRuNers who apply first aid and firefighting skills for us when Danny and I are out earning a living.

As far as the day to day running of our forums are concerned the moderators very rarely have to deal with the legal issues discussed earlier in this thread. I believe that Nick touches on the most important point - Moderation is really intended to maintain a decent signal to noise ratio on a forum and has been a principle of the site from day one.

At any given time some of you will be uncomfortable or even angry with the balance struck in a thread somewhere on the site. At such times Nick's reminder of what it's like elsewhere is very pertinent. Heliport moderates with a very careful and light hand - he instictively wants the forum successful - not stifled.

Let Danny and I continue to shoulder the legal squabbles in the that hope you all continue to enjoy a forum that is patently becoming an important force in the rotary world.

Rob Lloyd